MK2 gamma input - possible?

• As long as we don't know anything about your electronic skills, I would like to show you Adapterkassette Autoradio CD MP3 Player etc (Werbung).
    An other solution will be August MP3 FM Transmitter USB SD Card (Werbung)
    Perhaps one of those will fit for you.

Der Unterschied zwischen etwas, was möglicherweise kaputtgehen könnte, und etwas, was unmöglich kaputtgehen kann, besteht darin, dass sich bei allem, was unmöglich kaputtgehen kann, falls es doch kaputtgeht, normalerweise herausstellt, dass es unmöglich zerlegt oder repariert werden kann. :whistling:

• Thanks, guys
    i already know about these solutions, but i don't like them.. Moreover, first the sound quality is worst and second i don't want nothing visible. I want 100% stock view in my mk2 :) My electronic skills are quite good :P Every idea is welcome :)

Best Regards

• My electronic skills are quite good

So, in this case I would suggest to eliminate the casstte deck and use the input (of course after the first amplifier for the magnetic head) of the deck for your efforts.

Der Unterschied zwischen etwas, was möglicherweise kaputtgehen könnte, und etwas, was unmöglich kaputtgehen kann, besteht darin, dass sich bei allem, was unmöglich kaputtgehen kann, falls es doch kaputtgeht, normalerweise herausstellt, dass es unmöglich zerlegt oder repariert werden kann. :whistling:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi Brumbo,

well you may have the chance to get the gamma radio ( us version ) to solve the problem with the aux in.
    But this radio is not easy to find and did not reach every frequency. :(

Do yo already thought about something like this solution with these components ?

1 ) Factory Radio Stereo RCA AUX Input Audio Adapter Wired FM Modulator Antenna Port (Werbung)

2 ) https://www.otto.de/p/19538279…mFm#variationId=195393774

Would be much easier an cheaper to buy and may work as you needed. I didn't already tested it yet but I have heard about this solution.
    Only thing you have to think of is how to get it build in invisible in your car. I mean the switch and the stereo jack.
    May the position of the cigarette lighter next to the ashtray is an option if it's not needed for other stuff. :wink:

• alex, thanks for the idea. Now i'm checking it and the opinions are that the sound is poor, but its the best for now. Maybe can be the last solution that is ok for me, i mean if there is no other possibility.

Rolf - sounds great if its realisable, thanks. Do you have any materials that can help me or i need to check the circuits on my own.

Thank you guys! This is the only thing that is miss in my Golf GTI :(

• Unfortunately I don't have any materials about this. It's only in my thoughts since I've had the same idea (but never realized) many years ago.
    By the way, welcome to our community :] Even if your registration is quite long ago. :wink:  
    Where are you located?

• Ok then i'll try it and if i have some real results i'll update you ;) I'm 2 weeks in Varna, Bulgaria and 2 weeks in Munich every month. :)

• So, good luck, and I await your updates :thumbup:

• Offizieller Beitrag

alex, thanks for the idea. Now i'm checking it and the opinions are that the sound is poor, but its the best for now. Maybe can be the last solution that is ok for me, i mean if there is no other possibility.

Well do you really think the sound is poor with an oldschool gamma ? ?(
    Please think of you are using a old radio ( 25 years or more ) with speakers, amps, cables at the same age.
    I've testet one of these FM Transmitters in the cigarette lighter with my Alpine head unit and car hifi.
    Sound was quiet ok - the sound of some radio stations is sometimes not so good.

• for using mp3 on a cassette radio i can say this one
    New Car Auto Tape Cassette SD MMC MP3 Adapter Player USB charger Remote Control (Werbung)

its a mp3 player in cassette form without cabels.
    it is invisible from outside and the quality is ok.

i have it for my cassette radio an i can be use as a mp3 player without a radio

Golf 2 1.8L (RP)mit 7,5l/100km Verbrauch, ausfahrbaren heckspoiler, Golf 4 climatronic usw usw ^^

Ich dachte ich könnte auch so tuen als wäre ich einer von diesen Taubstummen oder nicht? - GitS SC "der lachende mann"

Wat will ich mit nen Mercedes? Mein Subaru hat 6!! Sterne! ;D

• What about a modification of the radio itself? My Gamma had a conversion done by Mr. Wallich from Youngtimerradio, so now I have a hidden cable under my dashboard for connecting my iPhone via 3,5mm-stereo jack. So I can connect any MP3-player to my old radio... :)

For further information check:

http://www.youngtimerradio.de/MP3.htm

Golf IV TDI, 2000
    Golf II GTI, 1985
    Golf I Cabrio, 1984
    Audi Coupé GT5E, 1983

Supporte uns und mehr Features für dein Profil erhalten

Das Forum unterstützen und gleichzeitig mehr Power für dein Profil?

• mehr Speicherplatz in der Galerie
  • kein Download-Limit in der Datenbank
  • überproportional mehr Speicherplatz bei den privaten Nachrichten
  • mehr Anhänge/Bilder im Forum
  • individueller Benutzertitel wählbar
  • uvm. (mehr Infos hier)

zum WOBber+ Abo

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!

• Registrierte Mitglieder haben die folgenden Vorteile:
  • ✔ kostenlose Mitgliedschaft
  • ✔ direkter Austausch mit Gleichgesinnten
  • ✔ keine Werbung im Forum
  • ✔ neue Fragen stellen oder Diskussionen starten
  • ✔ kostenlose Nutzung unseres Marktbereiches
  • ✔ schnelle Hilfe bei Problemen aller Art
  • ✔ Bilder hochladen und den Auto-Showroom nutzen
  • ✔ und vieles mehr ...