Help me please!! (in english) :)

• I have shipped a 2006 Golf GTI 1.8t 180ps from the states to Germany. I am living here with my wife (who is german, she is the whole reason for this imigration) and i am having some problems. My wife doesnt really understand the whole car thing, as she drives a peugot...bleh...i have my car here, it is trough customs, just waiting on the TUV approval...which is where im having a problem. The car, being from the states, does not have a EG-Betriebserloubnis...so i was told i have to get a Datenblatt. I need help finding this, or knowing where to go get one. I understand this is going to be a costly adventure, but i love my car...and i am sure some of you can relate that you can not put a price tag on ones love for his car. Thank you for all of your help!

Just some pics for you all.
    IMGP1259.jpg

IMGP1260.jpg

• Hello,
    If I understand correctly you have problems with the registration or transfer of your car from the USA!
    do you have no papers or registration certificates from the states for the car?

SUCHE:Jetta 2 Rallye Grill (Mattig) vorzugsweise mit Emblem aber nicht zwingend!

Das Auto
    ist jene technische Erfindung, welche die Anforderungen an die Reaktionsgeschwindigkeit der Fußgänger beträchtlich gesteigert hat. :thumbup: 8o
    Lothar Schmidt deutscher Politologe und Schriftsteller (1922 -

• I have all of the previous papers for the car (registration and vehicle title)

But from what i understand none of that says what is needed by the TUV.

I can not find a very good description of what an eg-betriebserlaubnis is however from what i understand it is a data sheet of a specific car. I have e-mailed VW-Germany and they said they could not help me. I have e-mailed VW-USA and they havnt replied yet.

If the eg-betriebserlaubnis is only 'vehicle specifications' i can pull whatever they need off the internet. But i have yet to get a good explination as to what i need exactly. I have the car, its in front of my flat, i know the basics of what i have to do to make it legal in Germany, however i dont have the required paper.

• Cheers, boii!

I just googled through the internet to see whether I can find some facts or solutions for your problem.
    One thing that astonishes me is your statement that the German TUV seems to be unable to help you.
    Just take a look at this article published in Auto-Bild, a big German car-mag and especially at subitem #19:
    it says that each particular certification organisation (we do not only have the TUV) searches for all necessary information to issue such a "datenblatt".
    The author emphasizes the department for international certificates of the TUV in Augsburg which seems to be leading in solving problems concerning us-imported cars.

TUV Augsburg
    Internationale Gutachten IGA
    Tel. 0821 l 5904-161
    Fax 0821 15904-159

Maybe they´ll be able to help you. In case you prefer a "German-spoken" telephone call with the TUV, feel free to ask me to call them. ;)

Alex

• With a short look at the fotos of your Golf I can promise you, that there will be several other problems to solf.

I'll give you some examples for parts that will be shurely illegal for the german TÜV:

- all windows are colored including the side windows; the side windows of the driver and the front passenger have to be clear and not colored to get a "Abnahme" in Germany; the reason for this: other traffic participants must be able to take eye contact with you in order to prevent accidents (they can see, that you have seen them :wink: )

- the headlights are shurely without a EG-permition, you will need two new items (you can find the same design with permition in eBay-Germany...they are not expensive)

- the tail lights are completely colored and without a red reflector and without a EG-permition; you have to replace them with OEM-parts (for example)

- the side markers are illegal; I don't think that they are availeble with a EG-permition...maybe you have to disconnect them from the system...maybe online for the "Abnahme"...after that you can connect them again :D

And the small license plate will be a problem. You have to be insistent that you will get a small license plate (normal height but small width of 32cm). Otherwise you will geht a license plate with a small width of 32 cm and a big height of 32 cm; that doesn't look cool. :D An original "American" (I mean your beautiful car) needs a small license plate.

• Zitat

Dr.Gofast:
    - the side markers are illegal; I don't think that they are availeble with a EG-permition...maybe you have to disconnect them from the system...maybe online for the "Abnahme"...after that you can connect them again

they can be changed in orange one!

Zitat

Dr.Gofast:
    - the headlights are shurely without a EG-permition, you will need two new items (you can find the same design with permition in eBay-Germany...they are not expensive)

the headlights are the same as in america!

• Thank you for all of the help, i really appreciate it.

nsu481: thanks alot, i wil give them a call monday.

Dr.Gofast: those problems are already known. The tint is already off the front windows, and im getting new headlights and tailights. (those headlights are not purchased, they are the ones the car came with, i just modified them :)

And the licence plate should not be a problem. But we'll see.

• Ehhh...still getting the runnaround from everyone. First one TUV says they can help me, then they say they cant...they tell me to go to a different place, and they cant help me. Might have found a place in Mainz that can help. I need a vollabnahme so the TUV can create a datenblatt. This is not going to be fun. At all.

Supporte uns und mehr Features für dein Profil erhalten

Das Forum unterstützen und gleichzeitig mehr Power für dein Profil?

• mehr Speicherplatz in der Galerie
  • kein Download-Limit in der Datenbank
  • überproportional mehr Speicherplatz bei den privaten Nachrichten
  • mehr Anhänge/Bilder im Forum
  • individueller Benutzertitel wählbar
  • uvm. (mehr Infos hier)

zum WOBber+ Abo

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!

• Registrierte Mitglieder haben die folgenden Vorteile:
  • ✔ kostenlose Mitgliedschaft
  • ✔ direkter Austausch mit Gleichgesinnten
  • ✔ keine Werbung im Forum
  • ✔ neue Fragen stellen oder Diskussionen starten
  • ✔ kostenlose Nutzung unseres Marktbereiches
  • ✔ schnelle Hilfe bei Problemen aller Art
  • ✔ Bilder hochladen und den Auto-Showroom nutzen
  • ✔ und vieles mehr ...