1992 Golf III 1.9 D (1Y engine) TAHOMETER

• Hello sirs,

Need your divice.
    I have a big watch instead of the tahometer in my car.
    Can I change it with a tahometer.
    If yes that please advice.

Thanks

• ob du mich verarschen willst weiß ich nich, ok dann mach ich es trotzdem mal...schadet meinen englischkenntnissen nich! :]

do you mean a tachometer ?

yes you can. you know , you must procure those simply an original gulf 3 speed indicator for a diesel engined vehicle. Afterwards you can exchange the speed indicator by "plug and play", you must pay attention however to it, which distance number your gulf has, you must insert a "new" speed indicator, who have nearly or the same distance number an which is from a diesel engined verhicle, otherwise become inaccurate speed.

look at the list below:
    wegstrecken.jpg

here you can see, which distance number ( in german "wegstreckenzahl" ) your gulf has!

I think you got a car, with a gear changing ? then you have to take a speed indicator from a gulf which has the distance number 3838!
    otherwise if you have an automatic vehicle, you have to take the same number!

Sincerely yours

p.s.: I hope you can understand me! :]

• Thank you very much sir.
    I understood you perfectly except for the fisrt line :)

The small problem is that the speed indicators that I will find will be already taken out of the car so It is very little chance that I will know what engine the car had.

I think you are right - I need to look for the wegstreckenzahl 3838!!!
    But is it written on the speed indicator as well?

Thanks. :)

• ehm, you have to look in in the documents of the car which typ of car this was or is, you ask your junk dealer oder you look after it in ebay...

when you are unsure, if you take the right one, look at the list and look up identification of the motor and the year of construction!
    as I said before, you have to take a speed indicator of a gulf which has the motor indentification 1 Y or AAZ ...

ehm I have a list with the item number for gulf III speed indicators, which year of construction is until 1994:

speed indicator with tachometer (20 - 220 km/h) :
    1H6 919 033 M
    1H6 919 860 HX
    1H6 919 033 BD
    1H6 919 860 JX

Speed indicators which starts with 20 km/h and comes from models until 1994, begins with the part number with 1H6 .
    Speed indicators which begins with 0 km/h and originates from models after 1995 starts with the part number 1H0.

you an take also a speed indicator which starts with 0 km/h, its only the distance number ( wegstreckenzahl) important!

But I dont know if this was world wide ( the exception USA and Japan)...

p.s.: where are you from?

• OK problem solved.

I bought a speed indicator 1H5 and it works fine from what I can tel.
    (now my car show 100500 km instead of 272000 nice :) 10 years younget :))

Problem solved.
    Thank you very much.

And with regard to photos : ) I will post some but my car has nothing special no tuning.

Supporte uns und mehr Features für dein Profil erhalten

Das Forum unterstützen und gleichzeitig mehr Power für dein Profil?

• mehr Speicherplatz in der Galerie
  • kein Download-Limit in der Datenbank
  • überproportional mehr Speicherplatz bei den privaten Nachrichten
  • mehr Anhänge/Bilder im Forum
  • individueller Benutzertitel wählbar
  • uvm. (mehr Infos hier)

zum WOBber+ Abo

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!

• Registrierte Mitglieder haben die folgenden Vorteile:
  • ✔ kostenlose Mitgliedschaft
  • ✔ direkter Austausch mit Gleichgesinnten
  • ✔ keine Werbung im Forum
  • ✔ neue Fragen stellen oder Diskussionen starten
  • ✔ kostenlose Nutzung unseres Marktbereiches
  • ✔ schnelle Hilfe bei Problemen aller Art
  • ✔ Bilder hochladen und den Auto-Showroom nutzen
  • ✔ und vieles mehr ...